We have a new challenge over at Stampin' for the Weekend, and boy is it truly a challenge LOL! At least for me it was. The theme this fortnight is anything but a card. I am way too comfortable in my little card world. Our sponsor is Flat Friends, who have some absolutely adorable digi stamps. I chose an Easter digi so that I could make my oldest daughter a basket of sorts.
Arabian Night Rectangle Frame by Cheery Lynn, these were sponged with Broken China distress ink. I reinforced each panel with a backing of plain card stock, and the corners with just the middle section of the Victorian Picket Fence die that were sponged in Tea Dye distress ink. I glued them all onto a cardstock base that was sponged with Peeled Paint distress ink. I added two strips of Anastasia Border that were cut out in the gold foil paper from DCWV's Royal Garden pack and glued together to form the handle.
The image was colored with Copics, and the edge of the image panel was swiped in Tea Dye distress ink. I think something is wrong with my Liquid Pearls- it's awfully gloopy and did not form the domed pearl shape that my other bottle does. I'll have to see if I can scrape them off without ruining the picture and add regular pearls.
Easter Basket side:
The basket and bunny were cut from Cheery Lynn's Spring Basket 1. The basket was sponged in Tea Dye distress ink while the bunny was sponged in Vintage Photo distress ink. The liner behind the basket I made by tracing the basket and cutting it out, then sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink. The eggs are Lace egss #5 and #7, also from Cheery Lynn, which were cut out in the same gold foil paper and placed over a trimmed up Oval Stackers which were cut out on shimmery cardstock. The butterfly resting on the handle was cut from the Mini Dimensional Butterflies set.
Egg arrangement side:
Same detailsnas the previous side, only added a flower from Cheery Lynn's Daisy Strip and a set of Olive Branches.
And lastly, an egg and flower side:
Here is another flower made from the same Daisy Strip as above, with the edges sponged in Tea Dye distress ink, and left flat instead of the center curled in. The flourish is Mini Fanciful Flourish, sponged in Peeled Paint distress ink. The large butterfly is from Spellbinders Grand Wonderful Wings.
I hope you have enjoyed my first venture outside of card making. I had fun with it and think I will try some other, more elaborate, paper crafting down the line.
I hope to be back before Sunday, but if not I want to wish you all a blessed Easter, with much time spent with your wonderful families!
Copics used: 0, C1, E000/00/11/29/35/39/40/53/55/57, R24/27/29, RV000/00/02