Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Male Birthday Card

So I've decided to start joining some challenges.  I've been playing with the Deconstructed Sketches for a few months now and have had fun with them but this will be the first time I'm actually submitting one.  I submitted last week's sketch, #83 (the thank you card in my first blog post) but it was submitted late; I was just playing around to see how to submit a link.  We shall see.  There are so many gorgeous cards, hopefully I can contribute to that.

This card I made for my father-in-law's birthday coming up later this month.  It's a bit different than my norm, following along the lines of the last card I posted, but I had a lot of fun with it.  The image cracks me up.  I mean why ride a bike if you're walking anyway?

Nothing much to this card, just found some papers in my scrap box, distressed some of the edges with my handy-dandy steak knife from the kitchen and did a little random sponged distressing with ink, stamped the sentiment,  tore the edges of the image and the stamp papers, and added a double layer of the inside of my Nautical Wheeler doily die- bottom layer in blue to add just a bit of color and a sponged white one on top so the blue wasn't too overwhelming.  Threw it all together and done and done and done.  Now why did it take so long?  lol

Deconstructed Sketch #84



 And a close up.


Size:  5 x 7
Papers:  from the scrap box
Die:  Cheery Lynn Nautical Wheeler Doily
Ink:  Tea Dye Distress Ink, Memento black ink

Thanks for visiting!


1 comment:

  1. Guy cards are SO hard, and you've done this beautifully! LOVING that die cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment- it is greatly appreciated!